There I was in PTS Riften eagerly awaiting the flip of the switch to get my first chance at perusing the new Crown Store for pets, mounts and costumes. I was pleased with it all—pleased especially that, true to their word, there was nary a hint nor a whiff of “pay-to-win” items—the quality of items was high, prices seemed reasonable (I’m gauging that based on the idea of being an ESO+ subscriber and getting what, 1500 free crowns per month?) and I have no doubt that we’ll see expansions to the stock offered.
That’s just a sampling I madly grabbed while the timer ticked away—I was havingthe worst time trying to figure out what to buy.
If you want a thorough listing of the current stock in the Crown Store, check out ESO Fashion’s page.
I got these:
And these too:
Now, the stress test was certainly not without hitches, though I was one of the lucky ones for whom it went off in a hitchless manner. But I would like to take this moment to say a few things to some of my more voluble and less pleasant fellow PTSers:
- It’s a Public Test Server. Let’s go over that again: the “public” is you; the “server” is where the magic happens; smack in the middle is the word “TEST” which to most people would be properly indicative of the fact that it is all a work in process and won’t always work right all the time.
- This was a “stress-test” of the Crown Store, meaning that the whole point of the exercise was to try and break it. Don’t be surprised, much less angry, when aspects of it are successfully broken.
- No one is forcing you to be there. If you’re not willing to roll with the wonkiness, there’s a non-test server you can use—two in fact, one in Europe and one in North America. Pick one of those instead.
- We use the PTS to help out the game developers find the bugs in the new stuff they’re working on; in exchange we get a peek at what they have coming down the pike for us. Spamming zone chat with Fuck You’s because your Crowns didn’t show up is not helpful to anyone.
- I consider your ridiculous rage-quitting to be a promise, and I am holding you to it. Quit. PLEASE QUIT. It was the only good thing you did on the PTS today.